Wu Yee Sun College now enlists volunteers to serve as (Senior) Resident Tutors for the academic year 2022-23. Full-time degree-holding CUHK staff members, full-time postgraduate students and final-year undergraduate students admitting to full-time postgraduate studies in CUHK commencing in the academic year of 2022-23 are welcome to apply.
Applicants should be energetic, mature and responsible, and be fluent in Cantonese, Putonghua and English. It would be a distinct advantage if applicants have knowledge or experience in (i) hostel management, (ii) student counseling, (iii) first-aid, and/or (iv) organization of student activities, particularly in the fields of sports, music, arts or environmental protection.
Resident Tutors will assist the Wardens and the College to discharge the following duties:
- Facilitate communication and cooperation among students from different cultural backgrounds;
- Provide guidance and support in organizing student activities to enhance College community life;
- Provide counselling and guidance to students;
- Provide assistance for residents at times of emergencies;
- Present an exemplary role model to observe all hostel regulations and provide strong support for the Wardens/College in handling hostel disciplinary cases;
- Perform administrative duties in hostel management;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Warden and the College
The Senior Resident Tutor will assist the College and Wardens to discharge all the above duties, and:
- Provide strong support to the Wardens and the College in hostel management;
- Coordinate the monthly duty roster and coach the resident tutors;
- Coordinate regular meetings with the Wardens and resident tutors;
- Keep record of incidents and observation reports;
- Ensure the resident tutors work smoothly with the hostel management and support staff.
Successful applicants will be nominated as (Senior) Resident Tutors and will be provided with free accommodation at the College Student Hostel. They are required to provide volunteer service on weekdays as well as Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays on a rotational basis. The nomination will normally last for one year and will start in August 2022 tentatively, subject to mutual agreement. This is not an employment either on a full-time or part-time basis and is not regarded as a concurrent employment with the University (if applicable). There will not be any allowance/remuneration or any other employee benefits for the provision of this volunteer service.
Applications can be made online (https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=13646560) by 20 March 2022. Applicants will then receive an email notification summary, where submission of such email may be requested, at the email address provided. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview in late-March or early-April 2022 and provide all supporting documents for verification.
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Polly Po at 3943 1741 / email@example.com.